Monday, June 5, 2017

The Walking Dead?


By Kalea H.

Carrie Ryan an author with a twist in writing books, based around an apocalyptic setting full of danger and romance. A young girl trapped in a dystopian/utopian setting in the forest of hands and teeth is put through trials to prove her worth. Categorizing this novel as mainly an adventure type, it holds many questions and ponderings as you read along. Think of it as a walking dead style, the mysteries, secrets, couples that blossom, then fall apart. It's all there written in a way that's captivating with the first word.


What did I like and dislike in this book? What mainly got to me was the ending, and the many treacherous times that thoroughly annoyed me. Though these times made me want to put the book down, I just had to keep coming back to it in the end. For myself it was well written, allowing me to understand what character was feeling, and why. I may have shed a tear or two, or I'm just squishy. Either or I liked the book, and wouldn't mind reading it again.
Overall the novel was really interesting. Even though I'm not really into the whole adventure/romance books, it help my attention pretty solid. I would recommend reading this book highly if you're into that sorta stuff. It's not half bad and even you may be able to feel what the characters felt. If you would like to know more, pick up the book, and start reading away. Better hurry you're being chased.

No comments:

Post a Comment