Monday, June 5, 2017

Take the chance will ya?


Ship Breaker
By Kalea H.

A novel by Paolo Bacigalupi, ship breaker is one tough and dirty book. (Dirty as in working, not the other type of dirty, I know what you're thinking) Pertaining characters around high school age it reflects any teens attutied, along with some parents and others who aren't really nice per say. It goes to show the readers that playing smart, using your head, and having a bit of luck can go a long way in an action packed novel.


At first receiving this book I didn't think I was going to like it at all, but as I continued to read I fell in love with it.  I adored each character i came across, besides the ones who were foul and had some issues. I came to love and hate each one as if they were an actual person in front of me, each description closely looked at. In hindsight this novel didn't bore me one bit, didn't even get annoyed which is a bonus. It had me hooked, I wasn't about to jump off.
Overall the book was really good. Highly recommend it to any who wants to read it that is. It just goes to show you that youth can be as quick, as smart, and as lucky as those above them. With a little bit of help along the way, and a quick mind you can get out of any situation. Just remember teamwork helps greatly, especially when it comes to surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment