Wednesday, March 7, 2018

You Won't Foul Out With This Book



By Andres H.
Foul Trouble is a realistic fiction novel written by John Feinstein. Terrell Jamerson was a high school basketball superstar filled with talent and potential. He is so good, that colleges have offered him that he can bring his best friend Danny Wilcox. Danny's father known as "Coach Wilcox" was also a big part of their journey almost serving as Terrell's agent/advisor. They all go to showcases and events where there is 100's of fantastic colleges watching and taking notes. Terrell's neighborhood friends known as his "dudes" start to influence Terrell and Danny promising girls, fantastic food, Luxury parties filled with excitement and nice pools. The boys think they know what they are doing, but make awful and risky decisions that could hurt their future. They start to see reality, and leave the "dudes" and go separate ways which leads to an exciting ending of what Terrell, and Danny to do.

This book had to be one of the greatest books I've ever read. I love the way it flowed. It kept me on the edge of my toes the whole time. Every page was packed with thought provoking information. The author also did a great job with making it really easy for me to visualize everything that went on in the story. I thought this was a fantastic plot because this book is reality among some elite athletes around the world. All of them have lots of stress and pressure put on them to shine, and some of them end up making bad decisions by hanging out with bad kids and falling into peer pressure. It happens every day to athletes. Even though the book was about 350 pages long, it never became boring on any page.

I thought in some areas though, I noticed that there was vague information about certain subjects in the book that I would've loved to learn more about and it was never brought up again in the story. Also, I think that Feinstein adds pieces of information that are not needed in the story. I loved the emotion and feeling Feinstein put into this novel,m and that's what made it terrific.

I recommend this novel to readers that enjoy reading about teen problems ,or/and sports. I'd also recommend this book for athletes that play sports with a passion, and loves doing it. I would not recommend this book for people that are not into this subject because I think they'd have the same emotions as a person that can relate or put them self in the reader's shoes. Overall this story is packed with emotion, joy, and excitement. So I would give this book a 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment