Friday, March 13, 2015

A Lot to Learn



by Manasa J.
Runaways is an incredible, thrilling graphic novel by Brian K. Vaughan. It is a great carefree book that will not fail to impress you. It is a novel filled with mysterious new superpowers and exciting twists.


It is an enticing story about a group of teenagers, that whose parents are good friends. One day the kids spy on their parents, they are in a serious 'charity meeting'. As the kids are watching they see their parents killing a young girl around their age. They panic and sneak out in the middle of the night to discover what secrets their parents are keeping. As they are on this amazing adventure they discover unbelievable things not only about their parents but also about themselves.
I enjoyed this book greatly, it was very fun and entertaining to read. It kept me on my toes the entire time, so much that I finished it in one day. The most interesting part of the book, for me, was when each one of them discovered something new about themselves. I also loved how with each day the kids became closer to each other. They knew they had to stick together because no one else would be in the same situation as them. It was a great plot and all the characters were very well depicted. I liked every bit of this novel and I have no complaints.
I would recommend this book to any teenager looking for a good read. Personally, when I read a book I don't like to get bored, and I can guarantee you, with "Runaways" that is not the case. There is not one moment of this book that I found uninteresting.
Runaways, by Brian K. Vaughan, Marvel Comics, July 2003.



Reading Resources
  1. Your local school library
  2. Marvel Comics Website

No comments:

Post a Comment